Monday, July 16, 2012

Eva and her 65 Red Roses


Tonight I stumbled upon the story of a girl with Cystic Fibrosis. She had a live journal, which seems pretty much like a blog, which she called 65 Red Roses. She told her story of her life with CF, sharing her thoughts and her excitements and her fears. She got a double lung transplant. She spent months in the hospital at a time. She watched a few of her friends pass away, ones that she’d made through the Cystic Fibrosis community. She’d made friends in the hospital and watched them walk out with hope or never leave again.

Her name was Eva Markvoort. She was a Canadian woman in her 20s who shared her far scarier tale of Cystic Fibrosis than I ever could. She passed away a few years ago due to complications in her system, even despite her new lungs.

I normally would try to tell the story, to convey the messages myself, but her story can only be told from her point of view.


* To read her story rather than what has since been posted on her journal, click “Archive” and go back to the beginning or search her posts by title by clicking "View Subjects" to look for what you find interesting or helpful. I began at her decision that she was ready to get a double lung transplant, found at http://65redroses.livejournal.com/9048.html. I cannot even describe how much respect I have for this girl. She tells the story of someone on the opposite end of the spectrum from myself and I am extremely humbled.*

This story alone can do wonders for anyone, to see someone deal with a hard life so well. I normally wouldn't post twice in one day, but this was important to me.

Keep Hope,

Cystic Sister @----

No comments:

Post a Comment